- Chilling requirement: 500 hours to 600 hours.
- Ripening period: Ripens in Mississippi, late June to late July.
- Plant yield, vigor and growth habits: Plants are moderately vigorous, productive and have a semi-upright growth habit.
- Berry qualities: Berries are medium size, medium to dark blue color, excellent picking scar, firmness and flavor.
- Harvesting techniques: Fruit can be hand or mechanically harvested, are resistant to cracking and have good post-harvest quality. Blooms are self-fertile.
- Drawbacks: Due to relatively dark blue fruit color, Yadkin is mainly recommended for homeowners rather than commercial production.
- Breeding history: Released by North Carolina State University in 1997; patented.
See also: Rabbiteye Blueberry Varieties
Braswell, John. Establishment and Maintenance of Blueberries. 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2010.