- Small to medium brown leaf spots with purplish margins.
- Lesions on succulent green stems.
- Premature defoliation of bushes.
- Leaf spot infections occur on immature leaves.
- Symptoms may take a month or more to become visible.
- Most leaf spots begin to appear in mid- to late season and are favored by wet weather.
- The causal fungi all produce rain-splash-dispersed spores and overwinter in infected tissues.
- Plant resistant cultivars.
- Limit overhead irrigation.
- Reduce humidity in the canopy.
- Apply effective fungicides before the onset of symptoms.
- Cline, W.O. “Bill”. Leaf Diseases of Blueberry. Retrieved 15 April 2010
- Alfieri, S.A. Septoria Leaf Spot of Blueberry. Retrieved 15 April 2010.