- Chilling requirement: 500 hours to 600 hours.
- Ripening Period: Ripens about the same time as Powderblue.
- Plant yield, vigor and growth habits: Plants are productive, vigorous, and have an upright growth habit.
- Plant pathogen susceptibility: Onslow has fairly broad soil adaptation and can tolerate soils having a somewhat higher pH than many other rabbiteye blueberry cultivars.
- Berry qualities: Berries are large with medium blue color, dry picking scars, very good firmness and aromatic flavor when fully ripe.
- Harvesting techniques: Fruit may be either hand or mechanically harvested, are resistant to cracking, and have good post-harvest fruit quality. Blooms of Onslow are self-fertile, but pollination may enhanced size and quality. Onslow is recommended for commercial production, PYO and local markets.
- Breeding history: Released by North Carolina State University in 2001; patented.
See also: Rabbiteye Blueberry Varieties
Braswell, John. Establishment and Maintenance of Blueberries. 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2010.