- Chilling requirement: 650 hours to 700 hours.
- Bloom time: Blooms with Tifblue in Southern Mississippi.
- Ripening period: Ripens early to late July (about five to seven days after Tifblue).
- Plant yield, vigor and growth habits: Plants are very productive and vigorous with an upright growth habit.
- Berry qualities: Berries are medium to large size, have good color, small dry picking scars, good firmness and flavor.
- Harvesting techniques: Fruit can be hand or mechanically harvested, are resistant to cracking, and have good post-harvest quality. Ochlockonee can be grown commercially and for PYO and local fresh markets.
- Breeding history: Released jointly by the University of Georgia and the United States Department of Agriculture-ARS in 2002; patented.
See also: Rabbiteye Blueberry Varieties
Braswell, John. Establishment and Maintenance of Blueberries. 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2010.