- Chilling requirement: 600 hours to 650 hours.
- Ripening period: Ripens mid-July to mid-August in Southern Mississippi.
- Plant yield, vigor and growth habits: Plants perform best on well drained soils and are productive, moderately vigorous, and have a moderately upright growth habit.
- Berry qualities: Berries are medium size, and have very good color, picking scars, firmness and flavor.
- Harvesting techniques: Fruit can be hand or mechanicalhy harvested, is resistant to cracking, and has good post-harvest quality. DeSoto can be grown commercially for local fresh or Pick Your Own markets.
- Breeding history: Released by the United States Department of Agriculture-ARS in 2004; public release.
See also: Rabbiteye Blueberry Varieties
Braswell, John. Establishment and Maintenance of Blueberries. 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2010.