Prepared by: Denise Attaway and Natalie Hummel
The intent of this guide is to inform blueberry producers of all blueberry pests that can attack blueberry crops in the United States. Pests may be different depending on which region your crops are located.
Contact your local Cooperative Extension Service office to confirm identification of any pest(s) you may find.
For additional information, please visit:
- Blueberries on www.eXtension.org.
- The Blueberries section of the LSU AgCenter Website.
- Michigan Blueberry Facts.
- Mississippi State University Cooperative Extension Service.
- Alabama Cooperative Extension Service.
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service.
- University of Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
- North Carolina State University Cooperative Extension Service.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Hummel.
We would like to thank the entomologists, listed below, for their review of material posted in this blueberry pest insect guide. We would like to thank Lisa West (IT Coordinator) for technical assistance.
Some images provded by www.bugwood.org.
Entomologists who assisted are:
Hannah Burrack, North Carolina State University
Rufus Isaacs, Michigan State University
Oscar Liburd, University of Florida
Cesar Rodriguez-Saona, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey